May 06 , 2020
Try out this tasty and refreshing Greek Chicken Loaded Hummus Bowl. It's beyond healthy!
- 1 ½ pounds Cooked Chicken – shredded, sliced or chopped*
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic – minced
- 1 small lemon – juiced (about 2 ½-3 tablespoons)
- 2 TBS Shallot - minced
- 1 TBS Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 TBS Fresh Oregano – finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon Honey
For Hummus Bowls:
- 2 Cups Hummus see recipe notes
- 8 ounces Feta – cubed or crumbled
- 1 Persian Cucumber – thinly sliced
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes – halved
- ½ Cup Kalamata Olives – pitted and halved or sliced
- Pita Pockets – cut into wedges
- Pickled Red Onions (see recipe notes)
- Chicken: You can absolutely cook your own chicken for this hummus bowl (grill, bake, broil or poach). To keep things super easy I used skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breasts. You are tossing the cooked chicken with a Greek Vinaigrette which adds a ton of flavor, so taking a short cut here won’t hurt anything!
- Hummus: You can either make your own hummus or store-bought here. Whatever you like best.
- Pickled Onions: These are super easy to make and perfect to have on hand in the fridge! To make your own- combine ½ cup apple cider vinegar, 1 ½ tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt with 1 cup of warm water. Whisk until everything is dissolved. Thinly slice 1 red onion and add it to the pickle brine. Let the onions hang out on the counter for an hour at room temperature. Drain before using! Alternatively, the pickled onions can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe serves 4-6 people.