Nov 07 , 2020
Add a little spin to your traditional Thanksgiving sweet potatoes with this sweet & nutty additions. Family & friends will thank you!
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients; stir in melted butter. Place sweet potatoes in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with pecan mixture.
- Cook, covered, on low 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in extracts.